Friday night Pops and I went out to get the , based on plans they got from a Puerto Rican and you know how that is going to turn out!
My dad and I drove in absolute silence, we're still not speaking I am still officially the worst daughter in existence and deserve to be treated like crap, funny how all the men in my life who are supposed to love me unconditionally treat me like something they stepped in. We picked up a shitload of booze, just my thing!! And our 95lb lechon. I just sat there playing with my new phone and he sat in stony silence, I can't believe I have alienated my own father over a man who never gave a rat's ass about me. My dad was only looking out for me, he only wanted my best interest and he saw Nav for what he really was, but I was so blinded by 'love' I couldn't.
We cooked for what seemed like freaken' hours there was so much food it was insane,and my idiot brothers built the stupid BBQ, with our pig marinaded cut open and ready for the spit, we relaxed a bit and let the part begin. It was kinda cold but not too cold that we couldn't fan out into the garden and huddle around the pig.I might not have gotten into the spirit of Nochebuena but I did get into the mijitos! By the time the food came around I was more than a little tipsy.
It was 11:20 when we left for midnight Mass, I was actually more than a little tipsy by this time, and my out of tune renditions of Hark the Herald Angels sing and Come O Ye Faithful, left a lot to be desired It didn't help that Tio kept telling me I sucked between every chorus.
With Mass over and back at Casa Valenseula it was time to open gifts. I won't go into details because well I didn't deserve anything this year, apparently......
The best part of the day I think was after my parents went to bed at about 2 am my brothers and I played beer pong and I think I won....not sure I woke up drooling on the TV room floor which must be the sign of a good night.
Christmas Day passed without event, I got a little emotional towards the end of the night, I suppose there was a little part of me that hoped Nav would call/text/email me something.........anything, but the majority of me knew his selfish tendencies wouldn't let him bother to show any kind of human emotion.
So I went to bed that night hugging my Navi Pillow and crying....he can still make me cry even now...even though I know he never loved me, even with the despicable way he has treated me in the last few weeks I still care about him...I'm an idiot!
![]() |
| Miami's version of Xmas trees |
My dad and I drove in absolute silence, we're still not speaking I am still officially the worst daughter in existence and deserve to be treated like crap, funny how all the men in my life who are supposed to love me unconditionally treat me like something they stepped in. We picked up a shitload of booze, just my thing!! And our 95lb lechon. I just sat there playing with my new phone and he sat in stony silence, I can't believe I have alienated my own father over a man who never gave a rat's ass about me. My dad was only looking out for me, he only wanted my best interest and he saw Nav for what he really was, but I was so blinded by 'love' I couldn't.
We cooked for what seemed like freaken' hours there was so much food it was insane,and my idiot brothers built the stupid BBQ, with our pig marinaded cut open and ready for the spit, we relaxed a bit and let the part begin. It was kinda cold but not too cold that we couldn't fan out into the garden and huddle around the pig.I might not have gotten into the spirit of Nochebuena but I did get into the mijitos! By the time the food came around I was more than a little tipsy.
It was 11:20 when we left for midnight Mass, I was actually more than a little tipsy by this time, and my out of tune renditions of Hark the Herald Angels sing and Come O Ye Faithful, left a lot to be desired It didn't help that Tio kept telling me I sucked between every chorus.
With Mass over and back at Casa Valenseula it was time to open gifts. I won't go into details because well I didn't deserve anything this year, apparently......
The best part of the day I think was after my parents went to bed at about 2 am my brothers and I played beer pong and I think I won....not sure I woke up drooling on the TV room floor which must be the sign of a good night.
Christmas Day passed without event, I got a little emotional towards the end of the night, I suppose there was a little part of me that hoped Nav would call/text/email me something.........anything, but the majority of me knew his selfish tendencies wouldn't let him bother to show any kind of human emotion.
So I went to bed that night hugging my Navi Pillow and crying....he can still make me cry even now...even though I know he never loved me, even with the despicable way he has treated me in the last few weeks I still care about him...I'm an idiot!

No comments:
Post a Comment