I am not a football fan, but I could be! My team is the Eagles, not for any other reason than that was my ex boyfriend's team, and when he unceremoniously dumped me via email without any respect to my feelings, I decided I would keep the team....
Last night during a hardcore game of (root) beer (floats) pong, with my neighbors and her brother, there was a call, a work mate of his was not going to be able to make the game and they knew it was last minute but could they get someone to take the ticket.....it was offered to me...why I said yes I have no idea, partly because it would mean an escape form the usual Spicday festivals...
First it was raining, and I was running late, I have no idea what appropriate football cheering attire is so I went with jeans, a tank and a hoodie, I still don't understand how it took me 3 hours to decide on that.
The drive to the Sunlife Stadium was tedious and as we were running late, thanks to me, it was jam packed and parking was a bitch.We thanked God that it had stopped raining so we wouldn't get wet on our long trek to the stadium, but no sooner had the last car door been slammed then we were slammed..........with rain!
Soaking and miserable and now cold from the wind, I sat sulking in my 20th row chair where I could hardly see a thing. I had already decided I was going to hate it, so I might as well get into a hateful mood.
The teams came out on to the field, the coin was tossed - Miami won and deferred to the second half, damned if I knew what that meant, despite me being a die hard (?) Eagles fan, I was proud of the Dolphins for winning the pure luck of the spinning of a coin. I might have jumped up at the wrong times, I might have yelled myself hoarse and maybe screaming "KILL THEM" is more suited to a death match rather than a football game, and the fact that I didn't know WTF was going on for most of the time,but I had a great time. The atmosphere, the adrenaline, the chanting, those damned trumpets, the comradery, the fries and hotdog I had, and the hot coffee that kept my hands warm just when they were about to fall off..I get why people go to sporting events I always thought it was dumb before, like why put yourself out when you could just watch it at home from the comfort of your couch?
I still don't know anything more about football than I did before I went, but I would definitely go again just for the experience....and the fries.
Last night during a hardcore game of (root) beer (floats) pong, with my neighbors and her brother, there was a call, a work mate of his was not going to be able to make the game and they knew it was last minute but could they get someone to take the ticket.....it was offered to me...why I said yes I have no idea, partly because it would mean an escape form the usual Spicday festivals...
First it was raining, and I was running late, I have no idea what appropriate football cheering attire is so I went with jeans, a tank and a hoodie, I still don't understand how it took me 3 hours to decide on that.
The drive to the Sunlife Stadium was tedious and as we were running late, thanks to me, it was jam packed and parking was a bitch.We thanked God that it had stopped raining so we wouldn't get wet on our long trek to the stadium, but no sooner had the last car door been slammed then we were slammed..........with rain!
Soaking and miserable and now cold from the wind, I sat sulking in my 20th row chair where I could hardly see a thing. I had already decided I was going to hate it, so I might as well get into a hateful mood.
The teams came out on to the field, the coin was tossed - Miami won and deferred to the second half, damned if I knew what that meant, despite me being a die hard (?) Eagles fan, I was proud of the Dolphins for winning the pure luck of the spinning of a coin. I might have jumped up at the wrong times, I might have yelled myself hoarse and maybe screaming "KILL THEM" is more suited to a death match rather than a football game, and the fact that I didn't know WTF was going on for most of the time,but I had a great time. The atmosphere, the adrenaline, the chanting, those damned trumpets, the comradery, the fries and hotdog I had, and the hot coffee that kept my hands warm just when they were about to fall off..I get why people go to sporting events I always thought it was dumb before, like why put yourself out when you could just watch it at home from the comfort of your couch?
I still don't know anything more about football than I did before I went, but I would definitely go again just for the experience....and the fries.
Oh the Eagles won BTW 26 to 10
ReplyDelete