I am single, my relationship is over. In my attempt to help my boyfriend not stress out I have inadvertently created the demise of our relationship....
I have asked friends, I have asked my shrink, who I called last night, I have asked my mother, everyone I can think of and they all say the same thing..it's over.
I just can't believe a man who asked me to be his wife, who wanted to start a family with me could be so cruel and cold.
I didn't expect him to answer my drunken really badly spelled messages from the other night, but I thought if he heard my voice and the confusion of not knowing what was going on in my voice message then he might just take 5 seconds of his life to email me and say something like :"No we're OK We haven't broken up don't be silly,I love you I just need some more time to finish what I am doing" - but nothing. I call him, he doesn't answer, so i tell myself, maybe the phone didn't ring his end...I am still making excuses for him. So I guess we are broken up. He couldn't even tell me he was sorry that my grandma died....knowing how sad and lonely I feel he couldn't even do that for me... does he hate me?
I honest to God thought that taking a break for a while, letting him get his work done without having to worry about me was the best thing, I thought it was understood that we'd still communicate somehow, yet all my communications have fallen on deaf ears.
I know he's busy, but don't tell me he doesn't take 10 mins to walk and feed Chloe, or take a bathroom break, or make himself a meal, he can't email me that we're good during that time?
At my wits end, I even asked the advice of complete and impartial strangers, they all pretty much said the same thing - it's over... even if he was that busy knowing how upset you are over your grandmother he would have at least sent you an email of condolences.
So I guess that's it. It hasn't sunk in yet, I have still checked my email 20 times this morning, hoping he might have sent me an email of comfort at the last minute... but nothing.. time to stop checking my email.
I wish I could hate him as much as he very obviously despises me... but I can't.
So I need to cut all ties with him and try to stop thinking about him and try to move on...I've lost not just my boyfriend, but also my best friend, I am truly alone in the world right now.
I have asked friends, I have asked my shrink, who I called last night, I have asked my mother, everyone I can think of and they all say the same thing..it's over.
I just can't believe a man who asked me to be his wife, who wanted to start a family with me could be so cruel and cold.
I didn't expect him to answer my drunken really badly spelled messages from the other night, but I thought if he heard my voice and the confusion of not knowing what was going on in my voice message then he might just take 5 seconds of his life to email me and say something like :"No we're OK We haven't broken up don't be silly,I love you I just need some more time to finish what I am doing" - but nothing. I call him, he doesn't answer, so i tell myself, maybe the phone didn't ring his end...I am still making excuses for him. So I guess we are broken up. He couldn't even tell me he was sorry that my grandma died....knowing how sad and lonely I feel he couldn't even do that for me... does he hate me?
I honest to God thought that taking a break for a while, letting him get his work done without having to worry about me was the best thing, I thought it was understood that we'd still communicate somehow, yet all my communications have fallen on deaf ears.
I know he's busy, but don't tell me he doesn't take 10 mins to walk and feed Chloe, or take a bathroom break, or make himself a meal, he can't email me that we're good during that time?
At my wits end, I even asked the advice of complete and impartial strangers, they all pretty much said the same thing - it's over... even if he was that busy knowing how upset you are over your grandmother he would have at least sent you an email of condolences.
So I guess that's it. It hasn't sunk in yet, I have still checked my email 20 times this morning, hoping he might have sent me an email of comfort at the last minute... but nothing.. time to stop checking my email.
I wish I could hate him as much as he very obviously despises me... but I can't.
So I need to cut all ties with him and try to stop thinking about him and try to move on...I've lost not just my boyfriend, but also my best friend, I am truly alone in the world right now.
That's cold. When me and my ex broke up and his mom died I emailed him to say sorry. What a bastard. If he can't spare 2 minutes to write you an email hon, then you shouldn't waste 1 second crying over him, he is the lowest of the low he doesn't deserve you
ReplyDeleteI just came across this post and it made me feel so sad. Not only are you dealing with an obviously very painful breakup but also the death of your granny.
ReplyDeleteHave you communicated to him properly that the break was supposed to be short, maybe by suggested a break he thought you wanted a break up. Communication is very important in situations like these, when one crossed wire can make all the difference. I think you should call/email your boyfriend and ask him right out what is going on with him. And see what he says. I really hope he answers you. I can't believe someone who wanted to marry you would give you the cold shoulder so easily, maybe there is some underlying problem he's not telling you and you're not aware of
I would except he doesn't answer my emails :(
ReplyDelete